Senior Sound Designer and Music Composer
Creating neuro-therapeutic medical experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others refining a core vision, building on abstract ideas, and finally focusing on concrete deliverables. You have a desire to take your skillset in composing music and sound effects and apply it to the cutting edge of clinical care and medical innovation.
We are looking for a talented and proficient sound designer who can create, compose, record, composite, edit, and mix audio assets to define and reinforce a game’s emotional themes and targets. You should be a creative thinker, ready to learn and adapt to new tools rapidly. It is important to understand harmony and composition, especially in conjunction with dynamic sound effects. You will work closely with the creative director and engineering team to create compelling audio assets that support and reinforce in-game moods and themes. Familiarity with dynamic music is a plus.
Responsible for the overall audio aesthetic and audible universe of games.
Designs original, innovative, and emotionally compelling sound assets (sound effects, stingers, music) which add mood, punctuation, and feel to game mechanics.
Works with technical staff to manage implementation of sound into game engine including dynamic audio in-game. Collaborates with staff to implement both vertical (layering) and horizontal (modular segments) dynamic in-game sound and music.
Works with technical staff to incorporate procedural sound into visual physics effects (for example: triggering individual sounds, modulating their volume and frequency, when pieces of glass interact in the environment from the physics engine.).
Works with technical staff to dynamically generate or alter music in-game and can lead an overall strategy for dynamic changes (key and tempo changes responding to different game events).
Works with technical staff to incorporate 3D audio (binaural and/or ambisonic) into games.
Passion for sound and attention to detail to guide a listener on a subconscious level.
Highly creative, adaptable, self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- 2-3 years of sound design for video games (or proven ability from sample work)
- Familiarity with established industry tools (e.g. FMOD or Wwise)
- Accomplished musical composer
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in preferred audio recording, editing, processing, integration, and mixing (using your preferred software and hardware).
- Understand music theory, harmony
- Willing to face technical challenges, solve problems and perfect sound on your own
- Able to work on tight scheduled and deliver to strict deadlines
- Collaborative and willing to work with team members from all disciplines in order to execute the creative vision for the game
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to - firstname.lastname@example.org